What we do
In 2010, Peace Mission initiative was created in youth community of Pakistani-administered Kashmir in order to support and promote the culture of peace and humanitarian dignity, and to setup the religious, sectarian or cultural harmony in every walk of life, around every corner of world for peace revivification on basis of common moral values of humanity and human solidarity.
Peace Mission strives to build networks among cultures, sects and religions in the nations of world that enable this kind of solidarity, by:
- Education for Peace: Education is considered a Fundamental Human Right and therefore, every child, boy or girl should have equal opportunity to get quality education.
- Human Rights for Peace: Fundamental Human Rights that are setup in Universal Declaration of Human Rights 1948, every person on this planet holds the equal opportunity to exercise the stated rights freely and independently.
- Religions for Peace: The concept of every religion(s) revolve(s) around the “Peace”, therefore, the bringing the different religious communities together for common goal, the peace for all.
- Cultures for Peace: To develop Intercultural understanding, through the visits of heritages, and accept, respect and support the cultural diversity around world.
- Sport for Peace: To keep engage the youth of communities into healthy activities, the sport, for building the healthy communities.
- Protecting freedom of expression: an essential condition for democracy, development and human dignity.
- Women for Peace: To protect and promote the women dignity and for full participation of women in all efforts to create and maintain international peace and security. Female part of human population is more miserable than male, nevertheless, the United Nations several declarations explains the equal respect and equal dignity for males and females, men and women.
Today, Peace Mission’s message has never been more important. We must create holistic policies that are capable of addressing the social, environmental and economic dimensions of sustainable development. This new thinking on sustainable development reaffirms the founding principles of the Organization and enhances its role:
In a globalized world with interconnected societies, intercultural dialogue is vital if we are to live together while acknowledging our diversity.
In an uncertain world, the future of nations and communities depends not only on their economic capital or natural resources, but on their collective ability to understand and anticipate changes in the environment - through education, scientific research and the sharing of knowledge.
In an unstable world - marked by fledgling democratic movements, the emergence of new economic powers and societies weakened by multiple stress factors – the educational, scientific and cultural fabric of societies – along with respect for fundamental rights - guarantees their resilience and stability.
In a connected world - with the emergence of the creative economy and knowledge societies, along with the dominance of the Internet, the full participation of everyone in the new global public space is a prerequisite for peace and development.
Peace Mission is known as the "intellectual" Think Tank as well. At a time when the world is looking for new ways to build peace and sustainable development, people must rely on the power of intelligence to innovate, expand their horizons and sustain the hope of a new humanism. Peace Mission exists to bring this creative intelligence to life; for it is in the minds of men and women that the defenses of peace and the conditions for sustainable development must be built.